convert mac adresses to lower case

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Sep 20 22:20:08 CEST 2010

On 09/20/2010 03:44 PM, Leander S. wrote:
> If your using SQL then I would simply modify the SQL querry to INSERT
> everything in lower case only PLUS to SELECT everything in lowercase
> only. You can simply modify those querries afaik. I just figured that as

That is not what is being asked.

The OP has two types of switches; one is sending:

User-Name = aabbccddeeff
User-Password = aabbccddeeff

The other is sending:

User-Name = AABBCCDDEEFF
User-Password = AABBCCDDEEFF

Sprinkling your SQL statements with "lower()" function calls doesn't fix
this. Alex's advice is correct; simply write an unlang policy to do:

authorize {
   ...check mac address then
   update control {
     Auth-Type := Accept

Actually *running* the PAP module against a macauth request is pointless.