Originate COA home_server

Johan Meiring jmeiring at pcservices.co.za
Wed Sep 22 04:34:26 CEST 2010

Hi,

I've configured originate COA using the originate-coa as an example.

My (relevant/edited for privacy) configuration looks like this:

------------------------------------
client 11.22.33.44 {
   secret = verysecret
   shortname = test
   nastype = other
   virtual_server = my_virtual_server
   coa_server = my-coa
}

home_server my-coa {
   type = coa
   ipaddr = 11.22.33.44
   port = 3799
   secret = blah
   coa {
     irt = 2
     mrt = 16
     mrc = 5
     mrd = 30

home_server_pool blah {
         type = fail-over
         home_server = my-coa
}
-------------------------------------

This works perfectly.

The home_server_pool seems unnecesary though, but if I leave it out,
freeradius -X complains that the home_server does not exist.

/etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/my-config[1]: No such home_server or
home_server_pool "my-coa"

It almost seems that the home_server_pool is neccesary to "instantiate" the
home_server.

Reading proxy.conf and the originate-coa example, it seems that a
home_server_pool is only neccesary if you want to actually
fail-over/round-robin, etc....

I'm sure I can leave the config as is, as the home_server_pool is never
actually referenced.

Am I completely confused?

--

Johan Meiring