users match list criteria and vendor identification

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Sep 22 09:46:31 CEST 2010

On 09/22/2010 08:12 AM, Cameron Wood wrote:
> Does Freeradius have a way for me to see the packet sent to it?
>
> I've already tried running it with the -X flag, but that isn't showing
> enough detail.

That's all the detail there is. FreeRadius shows the full packet as it
is received; what more should it show?

In answer to your question, no, most NASes don't send a vendor ID.
Sometimes they send VSAs, so you can infer the vendor from those, but
other times you'll get near-identical requests from two different NASes,
and if you want to tell them apart (so that you know which one to send
VSAa back to) you have to use different "clients {}" blocks and go from
there.

It's a shame the original radius specs didn't include a vendor ID, but
that can be said about a lot of attributes - it's an old (venerable)
protocol.