Problemes between 2.1.8 and 2.19 with NT-Password and LDAP

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Sep 29 16:05:12 CEST 2010

Miquel Canes wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm having some troubles updating the FreeRadius version between 2.1.8
> and 2.1.9.
>
> I'm using two different machines using a very similar configurations

  Not the same.  Compare the "inner-tunnel" files on the two machines.
One has "ldapuser" listed, the other does not.

> This files contains more than 1500 lines of output so checking it it's not fast.

  You can use "diff" to compare the configurations.  The two versions
*should* be able to use identical configurations.

  So... any differences between the configurations are the source of the
differences in behavior.

  If you want the configurations to be similar, it's best to *check*
that they're similar.  Checking the debug output should be a secondary
step, after checking the configurations.