Radius not recording - The maximum number of threads (300) are active, cannot spawn new thread to handle request

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Sep 29 21:08:15 CEST 2010

Hi,
> Mysql is the backend database of radius and therefore any help in this regard is appreciated as this is affecting the stability of the radius Apps

MySQL is a database system. This is a FreeRADIUS mailing list for the
dissemination of hints, methods, tips and configs for the FreeRADIUS daemon.

I have already given you pointers regarding MySQL - there are many free resources
out there

http://lists.mysql.com/

those lists can give you the tuning, debugging help you need for dealing with
MySQL

I also mentioned postgresQL - this is more robust (and faster) - and comes
by default with an engine that doesnt block on insert/update commands

finally, there are books.

If you are going to be using a database for your system, then get a DBA - then
your system should also be secure - the last thing you want to do is slap up
a MySQL server with no idea of security requirements and how it operates... next
you'll be saying you have myphpadmin installed...  :-(

alan