Freeradius + EAP_TLS + Cisco AP

Esteban TALAVERA etalaveran at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 21:45:18 CEST 2010

Thanks

Hi

After multiple issues I found a partial solution, but not the best.

I unselect "validate server certificate"  in the XP client.

After doing that, the client authenticates. I know that this is a very
dangerous practice.

Is mandatory for an XP machine to authenticate the server certificate to a
valid CA?

I copied only the client certificate on XP machine.

Copying server`s certificate or my homemade CA certs into XP client will
works?

Gracias, Merci, thanks

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 2:27 AM, Matija Levec <Matija.Levec at astec.si> wrote:

> You say you are trying to setup eap-tls and you have client certs - so you
> probably also want to set client to eap-tls (smart card or other certificate
> in windows world).
> Check you installed proper CA certs on both client and server if you are
> checking them (which I guess you should).  'PEAP or EAP-TLS Doesn't Work
> with a Windows machine' part of faq really includes useful info.
>
> Bye,
> M.

> I tried to apply the hotfix but it was included in SP3. The laptop has
> Windows XP SP3.
>
> xpextensions is added to the certificate.
>
> What's mean [tls] eaptls_process returned 13?
>

> default_eap_type = peap    must be set tp peap or tls?
>
> Thanks
>

> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

*Esteban Talavera*