Installing to pfsense

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Fri Apr 1 13:07:11 CEST 2011

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 06:37:59PM -0400, Franz wrote:
>    /usr/local/etc/raddb/sql.conf[22]: Instantiation failed for module
>    "sql"
>    /usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel[131]: Failed to load
>    module "sql".
>    /usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel[47]: Errors parsing
>    authorize section.
>    and when I check all fles are in here:
>    /usr/local/lib/freeradius-2.1.10
>         [1]rlm_sql_mysql-2.1.10.la
>         rlm_sql_mysql.so
>         [2]rlm_sql_mysql.la
>         rlm_sql_mysql.a
>         [3]rlm_sql_mysql-2.1.10.so
>    under radiusd.conf the shared lib points to:
>    libdir = /usr/local/lib/freeradius-2.1.10
>    Any clue as to why it does not see the files?

I note that the error above is for failing to load "sql" (i.e. rlm_sql), but
your listing above shows only rlm_sql_mysql. You need both.

Anyway, what do these commands show?
  ldd /usr/local/lib/rlm_sql.so
  ldd /usr/local/lib/rlm_sql_mysql.so

Possibly you are missing some library which rlm_sql_mysql in turn depends on
(such as the correct version of libmysqlclient)

Regards,

Brian.