MLPPP Acct-Session-Id

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 10:57:45 CEST 2011

On Apr 2, 2011, at 12:34 AM, Alan DeKok wrote:

> Jay Kuhne (jkuhne) wrote:
>> Forgot to mention, also attempted with Acct-Multi-Session-Id, which was in the accounting record but same result.
>
>  I would say to ask the NAS manufacturer for a list of what they need
> in the CoA packet, but that doesn't seem to apply here.
>
>  I'm not sure why CoA is so complicated.  If there's an Acct-Session-Id
> attribute, the NAS should use that to identify a session.  Pretty much
> every other "session identification" attribute can be ignored.

Some NAS manufacturers require multiple Identification attributes, you really need to ask the manufacturer what attributes and values are required to identify a session. Sometimes you also need a minimum number of policy attributes in addition to the identification attributes. CoA doesn't differentiate between the two types at a packet level its completely implementation specific.

-Arran