How to assign vlan / manage different user groups

Götz Reinicke - IT-Koordinator goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Tue Apr 5 15:07:06 CEST 2011

Hi,

may be someone can point me into the right direction:

we do have a new wlan - freeradius - ldap setup and want to assign two
main usergroups to two main wlans.

Each wlan has an own vlan.

We use cisco switches and APs and got a wlan controller.

So far we do have different SSIDs and all users can access both WLANs
with their username/password stored in our ldap.

Now we'd like students only to be able to access the students WLAN and
employees to access there WLAN.

My question: Where is the point to start to configure such a setup?

I think, somewhere there must be some sort of check if the user
assceesing the e.g. student wlan is in the primary posixgroup student.

Or do I have to 'send' the VLAN ID to the network devices?

Thanks for any hint and best regards

	Götz Reinicke
--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 420
Fax  +49 7141 969 55 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. Claudia Hübner

Geschäftsführer:
Prof. Thomas Schadt