Re [How to use Listen directive in inner tunnel virtual server]

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Apr 13 10:01:24 CEST 2011

Thomas Fagart wrote:
> I've tried 2.1.x. (2.1.11)
>
> Seems to work well but after an hour of working
>
> I've got the following
>
> Apr 10 22:20:50 vma-prdaut-08 radiusd[65766]: Exiting due to internal
> error: Failed in select: Invalid argument
> Apr 10 22:20:50 vma-prdaut-08 radiusd[65766]: Exiting due to internal
> error: Failed in select: Invalid argument

  My guess is you're running FreeBSD, and possibly in a VM?

  The issue seems to be that the system time goes up and down...
FreeRADIUS expects time to increase, and when it doesn't, it passes a
negative "wait time" to the select() function.  This isn't nice, so
select() complains.

  The fix is to double-check the times, and limit them at some
reasonable value.