setup service needed

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Wed Apr 20 10:35:33 CEST 2011

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 3:16 PM, danieln <daniel.ngkk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anyone here managed to setup a hotspot service using freeradius and a
> captive portal?

Sure. It's a common setup. A simple one would consist something like:
- a captive-portal capable wireless AP, like one running dd-wrt with
chillispot activated
- a simple web page, something like hotspotlogin.php or
hotspotlogin.pl (Google it)
- freeradius, with users stored in users file, OS user, or database (e.g. mySQL)

> I'd like to hire someone to do a setup for me.

Start by defining your requirements clearly. e.g. Something like "I
want to have a captive portal setup for wireless users with users on
MySQL database" would be different in complexity compared to "I want
to have a captive portal and 802.1x for both wireless and wired users
with users stored in AD".

http://networkradius.com/ can support new installation, so you might
want to start there.

--