Proxy state attribute in accounting

Waqas Toor waqasnasirtoor at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 14:04:35 CEST 2011

>> It works fine, but when one of the server goes down of a long period,
>> It sends a lot of proxy state attributes.
>
>  Then you didn't follow the example.  You configured it so that the
> detail file reader would write packets *back* to the detail file in the
> "Post-Proxy-Type Fail" section.
>
>  Don't do that.
>
>  Go read the sample "robust-proxy-accounting" file.  This is documented.

OK thanks Alan, but please clear one confusion. Now if one of the
server goes down then this part
 accounting {

               update control {
                       Proxy-To-Realm := "test_cpe.com"

where in the pool I have fallback defined as
home_server_pool acct_pool.example.com {
       type = load-balance     # other types are OK, too.

       home_server = home1.example.com
       home_server = home2.example.com

       fallback = acct_detail.example.com

       virtual_server = home.example.com