MS-CHAP-V2 with no retry

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Apr 22 10:56:47 CEST 2011

John.Hayward at wheaton.edu wrote:
> I like your changes better.  It allows to in the future add a retry max
> so each failure could be counted and send a R=0 after a certain number
> of failures.

  The EAP module already does *some* checking of this.  If there are
more than ~40 or so round trips, it discards the session.

  However, it may be useful to limit the retries here to no more than 2.

> Do we know if the password change (and adjustments to retry which make
> it work) will be included in 2.1.11?

  If enough people test it and say it works.

  2.1.11 is a "stable" release, so breaking things is very, very, bad.