Help with simultaneous use and radutmp

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Sun Apr 24 04:54:59 CEST 2011

On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 6:06 AM, Rodrigo Yoshioka
<ro_yoshioka2002 at yahoo.com.br> wrote:
> Hi folks.....
>      I have a FreeRadius server working with Mikrotik as NAS, and I'm often
> receiveing message of multiple connection at log, and the user is not able
> to connect. I found some solutions at google but it's to whom uses
> freeradius with sql as session manager. I'm using radutmp file and I
> couldn't find any solution to kill the session locked at the radutmp file.
> anyone can help me..??
> The message I'm receiving is:
> Sat Apr 23 18:02:03 2011 : Auth: Multiple logins (max 1) :
> [#######@########/<no User-Password attribute>] (from client ###.##.0.0/24
> port 35226 cli ##:##:##:##:##:##)
>
> My Freeradius version is 2.1.

Try http://freeradius.org/radiusd/man/radzap.html

IMHO it's better to use sql instead. For example, if whatever NAS you
use can also use interim update, then you can also modify simultaneous
query to:
- only select records whose acct-stop-time is newer than 2 x interim-update time
- only select records whose CallingStationId is different than current
calling station id

Those two conditions can help filter-out stale sessions.

--
Fajar