Disable mysql dbm during freeradius installation

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Aug 3 10:52:33 CEST 2011

Hi,
>    Hi
>    I am installing Freeradius and for my scenario i just need to authenticate
>    from local files and there is no need for DBM or mysql or anything. how do
>    i disable them during installation of freeradius. I tried using
>    --disable-rlm-dbm and similar but it din't work out. How do i disable them
>    from installing? Awaiting any help! Many thanks.

you could go the way Alan says - why bother? the code compiled is minimal in size
and isnt used if its not in the config (its all modular) - size only matters
if using eg embedded device

..or use the --without-xxx

where xxx is the feature.

OR simply dont have the development libraries and headers for MySQL, DBM etc on your
compilation server. autoconf will understand that it cant compile that stuff
and not bother.

alan