radutmp - key change

Daniel Hurran daniel.hurran at bglobalmetering.com
Mon Aug 8 15:06:49 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I am trying to change the key in the radutmp module from username to calling-station-id. I have made the change in the radutmp file, but I try freeradius -X the debug says that username = "%{User-Name}".

I was expecting username= %{Calling-Station-Id}. Is this correct? Whatever I put in the key, the debug says username.

Dan

--

FreeRADIUS Version 2.1.10, for host x86_64-pc-linux-gnu

radutmp radutmp_CSID {
        #  Where the file is stored.  It's not a log file,
        #  so it doesn't need rotating.
        #
        filename = ${logdir}/radutmp

        #  The field in the packet to key on for the
        #  'user' name,  If you have other fields which you want
        #  to use to key on to control Simultaneous-Use,
        #  then you can use them here.
        #
        #  Note, however, that the size of the field in the
        #  'utmp' data structure is small, around 32
        #  characters, so that will limit the possible choices
        #  of keys.
        #
        #  You may want instead: %{Stripped-User-Name:-%{User-Name}}

        key = %{Calling-Station-Id}

        #  Whether or not we want to treat "user" the same
        #  as "USER", or "User".  Some systems have problems
        #  with case sensitivity, so this should be set to
        #  'no' to enable the comparisons of the key attribute
        #  to be case insensitive.
        #
        case_sensitive = yes

        #  Accounting information may be lost, so the user MAY
        #  have logged off of the NAS, but we haven't noticed.
        #  If so, we can verify this information with the NAS,
        #
        #  If we want to believe the 'utmp' file, then this
        #  configuration entry can be set to 'no'.
        #
        check_with_nas = yes

        # Set the file permissions, as the contents of this file
        # are usually private.
        perm = 0600

        callerid = "yes"
}

Module: Linked to module rlm_radutmp
 Module: Instantiating module "radutmp_CSID" from file /etc/freeradius/modules/radutmp
  radutmp radutmp_CSID {
        filename = "/var/log/freeradius/radutmp"
        username = "%{User-Name}"
        case_sensitive = yes
        check_with_nas = yes
        perm = 384
        callerid = yes
  }

Make Energy Count - that's what we do. Visit Bglobal's website at
www.bglobalmetering.com to find out how our smart meter service
delivers 100% accurate bills for our customers and helps them cut
 costs, drive down consumption and reduce their carbon footprint.

This message is private and confidential. If you have received this in
error, please notify us at info at bglobalmetering.com and remove it from
your system.

The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the
presence of viruses. Bglobal accepts no liability for any damage caused
by any virus transmitted by this email.

This email message has been delivered safely and archived online by Mimecast.
For more information please visit http://www.mimecast.co.uk