Need your help me get daloradius fully integrated with freeradius

Mobin Yazarlou yazarlou.m at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 13:43:22 CEST 2011

Hi,
 This is my first email on freeradius mailing list so I would like to say
thanks to freeradius development team and all those who participate in this
mailing list.

 I am using freeradius 2.1.11 on Debian 6.0 to have enough control over
pptpd users. Everything is hosted on a single machine and freeradius works
fine but I can't use some of the features I see in daloradius 0.9-9 control
panel.
 One of this features is "Max-All-Session" and some other attributes that
allow me to limit download/upload bandwidth. I used to following checklist
to install and integrate daloradius with freeradius database:

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
apt-get install apache2
apt-get install php5
apt-get install php5-mysql
apt-get install php-pear
apt-get install php5-gd
apt-get install php-db

wget http://www.xxxxxxxx.com/pptp/daloradius-0.9-9.tar.gz
tar -zxvf daloradius-0.9-9.tar.gz

mv daloradius-0.9-9 dalo
cp -R dalo /var/www

chown www-data:www-data /var/www/dalo -R
chmod 644 /var/www/dalo/library/daloradius.conf.php

mysql -u radius -pPASSWORD radius <
/var/www/dalo/contrib/db/mysql-daloradius.sql

# Set CONFIG_DB_USER and CONFIG_DB_PASS in daloradius.conf.php
nano /var/www/dalo/library/daloradius.conf.php
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

 I think this checklist is just a minimum to only get daloradius to work. I
would be thankful if you provide a better checklist or letting me know about
other things that need to be done.
 Yesterday I spent about two hours to find out why freeradius fails to
authenticate the user when I use "Max-All-Session" attribute. I just googled
the error message I could see in "freeradius -X" and found that I have to
add "noresetcounter" in the authorize { } section of /sites-enabled/default
and uncomment "$INCLUDE sql/mysql/counter.conf" in radiusd.conf.
 This eliminated the error message and the users that have a
"Max-All-Session" attribute can connect but freeradius still let the user to
connect even when its time credit is finished.

 The only attributes that seem to work properly are "Simultaneous-Use" and
"Expiration". I don't have any problem with them and they work fine.

 Actually, I am not sure if it is about daloradius. Please correct me if I
am wrong cause I am a web developer and do know just a little about
networking, radius server, access server, etc.

Thanks in advance.
Moby