freeradius 2.1.7 PEAP mschapv2 invalid parameter

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Aug 15 15:47:30 CEST 2011

Hi,

> > The problem persists with quoted username (it's Administrator in UTF-8
> > in russian and it looks correct in logs):
>
>   Does it work when you run that exact command from the command line?
>
>   The error being returned is coming from ntlm_auth.  My guess is that
> it's not UTF-8 compatible.

try this ...wrapping the system so it translates....

in a higher-priority dirctory, make a new ntlm_auth file:

#!/bin/sh
exec /usr/bin/ntlm_auth | /usr/local/bin/iconverted

and then make the iconverted file:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use strict;
use Text::Iconv;

my $conv = Text::Iconv->new("utf-8", "windows-1252");
local $| = 1;
while (<>) {
	print $conv->convert($_);
}

of course, you have to have Text:Iconv PERL library installed..and PERL.

but this should pipe things through the conversion to windows 1252 character
set  (this i guessing that ntlm_auth has issues.....or that the remote
windows server does!)

alan