A little issue with disconnecting users

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Aug 21 04:07:58 CEST 2011

Mobin Yazarlou wrote:
>  Thanks Alan, that looks pretty easy. For a single machine and a single
> dialin service that must work very well but I have some other services
> like PPTP and OpenVPN and will have to run RADIUS and VPN services on
> different machines when the number of users grow.

  Well... the machines are connected by a network.  Use network
protocols to do things.

>  Thanks Arran. Honestly, I don't have any idea about CoA and DM but I
> know that I can use SNMP on the server which runs Debian 6.0. This might
> be out of the RADIUS scope but I need a little bit more information on
> this to work it out. How should I send the PoD to SNMP? Will SNMP handle
> such request by default or I have to set it up for this?

  If you're going to write your own NAS, then you will need to
understand how a NAS works.  You'll also have to write *all* of the
software for a NAS, including user disconnection.

>  Even a useful URL would be a great help cause I couldn't find anything
> by googling the keywords came to my mind.

  If you're writing your own NAS, then those questions aren't on-topic
for the FreeRADIUS list, sorry.

  We can help you with FreeRADIUS questions.  For everything else,
there's google.