Fwd: Auth configuration help

Dom dversace at tekcorner.ca
Thu Aug 25 03:57:38 CEST 2011

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Auth configuration help
Date: 	Wed, 24 Aug 2011 21:53:46 -0400
From: 	Dom <dversace at tekcorner.ca>
To: 	freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org

I was hoping someone could help.  We have a cisco 3825 with radius
server pointed to our freeradius installation.  When I test radius
authentication using NTRadping using CHAP authentication everything
works fine.  However when we try to connect via a standard dsl
connection we get these failures.  I was hoping someone could help point
me in the right direction to fix the issue.

Thanks

rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 64.34.66.5 port 1645, id=26,
length=134
         Framed-Protocol = PPP
         User-Name = "aewais at domain.ca"
         User-Password = "password"
         Calling-Station-Id = "bas105300000096"
         Connect-Info = "1000000000"
         NAS-Port-Type = Virtual
         NAS-Port = 26
         NAS-Port-Id = "Uniq-Sess-ID26"
         Service-Type = Framed-User
         NAS-IP-Address = 64.34.xxxx.xxxx
# Executing section authorize from file
/etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/default
+- entering group authorize {...}
++[preprocess] returns ok
++[chap] returns noop
++[mschap] returns noop
++[digest] returns noop
[suffix] Looking up realm "tekcorner.ca" for User-Name = "aewais at domain.ca"
[suffix] No such realm "domain.ca"
++[suffix] returns noop
[eap] No EAP-Message, not doing EAP
++[eap] returns noop
[files] users: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 172
++[files] returns ok
++[expiration] returns noop
++[logintime] returns noop
[pap] WARNING! No "known good" password found for the user.
Authentication may fail because of this.
++[pap] returns noop
ERROR: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) found for the request:
Rejecting the user
Failed to authenticate the user.
Using Post-Auth-Type Reject
# Executing group from file /etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/default
+- entering group REJECT {...}
[attr_filter.access_reject]     expand: %{User-Name} ->  aewais at domain.ca
  attr_filter: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 11
++[attr_filter.access_reject] returns updated
Delaying reject of request 0 for 1 seconds
Going to the next request
Waking up in 0.9 seconds.
Sending delayed reject for request 0
Sending Access-Reject of id 26 to 64.34.xxx.xxx port 1645
Waking up in 4.9 seconds.
Cleaning up request 0 ID 26 with timestamp +97
Ready to process requests.