Realm parsing and \r => =0D

Rich Graves rgraves at carleton.edu
Mon Aug 29 18:16:21 CEST 2011

> It should be set in the configuration of the "realm" module.
> Where does it say that "suffix" is deprecated?

Sorry, my misread again!

#  As of 2.0. the old-style "realms" file is deprecated, and is not
#  used by FreeRADIUS.

Having never used freeradius 1, I thought this referred to /etc/raddb/modules/realm(without the s), and so I tried to avoid it.

Editing proxy.conf to add ignore_null to just my specific realms appeared not to override the default behavior of suffix, which is to thunk to null, giving ntdomain no chance. So I went to modules/realm.

All better now, thanks.

The downstream behavior, whereby DOMAIN\realname and probably DOMAIN\name got turned into CRLF when passed to buffered-[my]sql, might still merit consideration, but the right fix is in realm(without the s).