Radacct update at 3 hours

Hitesh Vinzoda hiteshvinzoda at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 2 17:36:52 CET 2011

My current sql.conf looks like below and it does not have accounting sections at all.

[root at br-radius01 raddb]# cat sql.conf
# -*- text -*-
##
## sql.conf -- SQL modules
##
##      $Id$

#
#  Configuration for the SQL module
#
#  The database schemas and queries are located in subdirectories:
#
#       sql/DB/schema.sql       Schema
#       sql/DB/dialup.conf      Basic dialup (including policy) queries
#       sql/DB/counter.conf     counter
#       sql/DB/ippool.conf      IP Pools in SQL
#       sql/DB/ippool.sql       schema for IP pools.
#
#  Where "DB" is mysql, mssql, oracle, or postgresql.
#

sql {
        #
        #  Set the database to one of:
        #
        #       mysql, mssql, oracle, postgresql
        #
        database = "mysql"

        #
        #  Which FreeRADIUS driver to use.
        #
        driver = "rlm_sql_${database}"

        # Connection info:
        server = "localhost"
        #port = 3306
        login = "radius"
        password = "radpass"

        # Database table configuration for everything except Oracle
        radius_db = "radius"
        # If you are using Oracle then use this instead
        # radius_db = "(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=localhost)(PORT=1521))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=your_sid)))"

        # If you want both stop and start records logged to the
        # same SQL table, leave this as is.  If you want them in
        # different tables, put the start table in acct_table1
        # and stop table in acct_table2
        acct_table1 = "radacct"
        acct_table2 = "radacct"

        # Allow for storing data after authentication
        postauth_table = "radpostauth"

        authcheck_table = "radcheck"
        authreply_table = "radreply"

        groupcheck_table = "radgroupcheck"
        groupreply_table = "radgroupreply"

        # Table to keep group info
        usergroup_table = "radusergroup"

        # If set to 'yes' (default) we read the group tables
        # If set to 'no' the user MUST have Fall-Through = Yes in the radreply table
        # read_groups = yes

        # Remove stale session if checkrad does not see a double login
        deletestalesessions = yes

        # Print all SQL statements when in debug mode (-x)
        sqltrace = no
        sqltracefile = ${logdir}/sqltrace.sql

        # number of sql connections to make to server
        num_sql_socks = 5

        # number of seconds to dely retrying on a failed database
        # connection (per_socket)
        connect_failure_retry_delay = 60

        # lifetime of an SQL socket.  If you are having network issues
        # such as TCP sessions expiring, you may need to set the socket
        # lifetime.  If set to non-zero, any open connections will be
        # closed "lifetime" seconds after they were first opened.
        lifetime = 0

        # Maximum number of queries used by an SQL socket.  If you are
        # having issues with SQL sockets lasting "too long", you can
        # limit the number of queries performed over one socket.  After
        # "max_qeuries", the socket will be closed.  Use 0 for "no limit".
        max_queries = 0

        # Set to 'yes' to read radius clients from the database ('nas' table)
        # Clients will ONLY be read on server startup.  For performance
        # and security reasons, finding clients via SQL queries CANNOT
        # be done "live" while the server is running.
        #
        #readclients = yes

        # Table to keep radius client info
        nas_table = "nas"

        # Read driver-specific configuration
        $INCLUDE sql/${database}/dialup.conf

Thanks

Hitesh Vinzoda
Network Administrator
+91-9924117399
www.vinzoda.in

"There are 10 types of people in this world.
One who can understand binary and other's can't."