Problems with radzap: radclient:: failed to get value

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Dec 21 04:30:40 CET 2011

On 12/19/2011 04:03 PM, Alan Buxey wrote:
> you talk to the server using the servers secret....not the NAS with
> the NAS secret, so send a radzap command to your FR server with its
> secret from the session you are on (eg on localhost thats testing123
> by default..)

Ah hah, ok, thanks!  This pointer plus the pointer from one of my
associates that it doesn't actually log the user out, it just modifies the
radutmp.

The problem ended up being (beyond trying to talk to the NAS rather than
the server):

   We had both radutmp and sradutmp defined, so it was writing to both
   locations.

   "radwho -R" is reporting a blank "Framed-IP-Address =" line, which
   causes radclient to choke (that was the source of the "failed to get
   value" messages).

So, if I modify the "radzap" script to "grep -v '^Framed-IP-Address'", that
should work.

Thanks!

Sean