Question on Radius logs

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Tue Feb 1 21:22:42 CET 2011

> The debugging side was a little different, I was thinking about inputting
> text strings in the middle of unlang scripts

If you run radiusd -X you will see the output of expansions, so you can do

    if ("DEBUG: I am looking at %{foo} and %{bar}") {
    }

and you'll see the text in the log. Experimentation suggests that the
closing brace can't be on the same line as the opening brace though.

Actually, there is a %{debug:} expansion, but it just sets the debug level
to the (integer) argument, and doesn't actually send a debug message.

Setting the Reply-Message attribute can be useful for debugging too.

HTH,

Brian.