Can't authenticate using LDAP (ldap+mysql+eap_ttls)

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Feb 7 09:24:35 CET 2011

Hi,

> *It says "Found Auth-Type = EAP" although in sites-enabled/inner-tunnel I
> have uncommented:
>
> Auth-Type LDAP {
>                 ldap
>         }

but if inner-tunnel is invoked that means its an EAP session being used....

> By the way, if I try to autnenticate using same user via radtest server,
> of course, don't go into the inner-tunnel and so I get authenticated.

if you read the config files you will see that you can directly poke
the inner-tunnel on the localhost by using the right port - assuming
you are using a recent version of freeradius.  you should also be using
the eap testing tools rather than radtest if you want to directly
simulate the types of packets being sent to your server  (otherwise
you are comparing apples and oranges...or HTTP to SSH!)

alan