strategy question

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Tue Feb 8 07:42:32 CET 2011

Hi,

> Makes sense to me.  Will you be using MAC Auth Bypass for printers and other "dumb" devices?

Commenting on dumb printers... there's been some nice work even on that
area. If you're lucky enough to have HP printers, the NICs can meanwhile
do 802.1X just fine. Even the JetDirect 620n (which I understand is the
entry-level thing) does PEAP:

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF06b/18972-18972-236253-34213-236264-378355-378357-1838265.html

And if you throw in another 80 USD, you'll even get ... insert drum roll
... IPv6!

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF06b/18972-18972-236253-34213-236264-500078-500091-1838264.html

Stefan

--