802.1x on Active Directory: no errors in debug but auth fails

Brett Littrell Blittrell at musd.org
Tue Feb 8 16:20:55 CET 2011

I do not recall FR 2.11 default working with Windows so I followed the instructions from the link I posted and it started to work after that; of course I am using a LDAP back end not AD directly.  I can and do authenticate Windows XP SP3 no problem against FR, but as I said it is with an LDAP back end, maybe an AD backend is a bit different.

Good luck on it either way, you will eventually find your way there I am sure:)

Brett Littrell
Network Manager
MUSD
CISSP, CCSP, CCVP, MCNE

http://lists.cistron.nl/pipermail/freeradius-users/2006-October/msg00515.htm
> I used the MS cert server as described in this listing as well as used our
Novell
> Cert server and both worked for issuing a Cert that MS clients will
accept.
> I am sure OpenSSL can do it to just never looked far enough into it to see
the exact syntax

Thanks but I think that recent versions of Freeradius contains a certs
generation script that provide "test" certificates with all OIDs needed.
Or am I wrong?

I'm currently still unable to authenticate a XP SP3 client to FR by Active
Directory.

Regards
--
DV