Freeradius + LDAP for WPA-Enterprise

Max Schröder max.schroeder2 at uni-rostock.de
Fri Feb 11 18:05:45 CET 2011

Hello to all,

I would like to use Freeradius to authenticate my wireless network using
OpenWRT and Freeradius + LDAP. What I've done:

First Authenticated Users in WLan using EAP-TTLS and files in
Freeradius. WORKED! Then I've configured ldap-Modul + added "ldap" in
the authorize- and "Auth-Type LDAP { ldap }" in the
authenticate-section. The test via radtest succeeded.

But now the authentication using OpenWRT (EAP-TTLS) like the first try
with files - now with ldap did not work. I do noticed the following comment

# Note that this means "check plain-text password against
# the ldap database", which means that EAP won't work,
# as it does not supply a plain-text password.
Auth-Type LDAP { ldap }

but I don't know what to change that it worked like my first try with
the difference the users are in LDAP instead of a file.

Hope to get any hints

Best regards.
MS