Freeradius + LDAP for WPA-Enterprise

Sallee, Stephen (Jake) Jake.Sallee at umhb.edu
Fri Feb 11 19:11:23 CET 2011

> As for accomplishing your goal, unfortunately others will have to help you with that - I don't know FR/LDAP/EAP well enough.  But, I >don't THINK you can authenticate EAP requests against LDAP directly because of the "no clear text password" issue.

I think he is right ... I know that we had to use the ntlm_auth exec module ... is there a reason you are doing EAP instead of PEAP?

PEAP/MSCHAPv2 or PEAP/TTLS work great with Linux hosts ... even MACs (which are nothing more that bastardized Linux boxes) Windows hosts require a bit of configuring on the client to make it work but then they work too.

Jake Sallee
Godfather Of Bandwidth
Network Engineer

Fone: 254-295-4658