Windows 7 EAP-TLS WIred Auth

Christ Schlacta lists at aarcane.org
Mon Feb 14 18:39:10 CET 2011

On 2/14/2011 01:07, Phil Mayers wrote:
> On 02/13/2011 10:37 PM, Christ Schlacta wrote:
>

>> it seems to get to the same point (Finished request xxx.) and then
>> repeats the entire process four times (the same number of times
>> specified in my switch config) then fails to connect. I'm not sure if
>> I'm missing something, or what.. but it should all be fine, as this is
>> the same config I use for my wireless config. I'm certain I've missed
>> something obvious, and if you can provide any additional information to
>> point me in the right direction, I'd much appreciate it.
>
> The client is stopping sending. This is almost always because it
> doesn't trust the server cert. This is noted at length in eap.conf.
> Ensure you have setup the wireless connection & client properly.
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

That was one of the first things I checked, the root certificate is the
ONLY one checked in the windows 7 certificate dialogue.  also, wireless
clients work with this exact setup (all of them!), but so far, this
wired client doesn't seem to want to.

I did eventually find a "sorta" fix.  I had jumbo frames enabled,
disabling them fixed the problem temporarily.  the problem has returned
in a different form now.  the radius server doesn't even see the auth
requests now, and the client just won't even try to authenticate.  I
think this qualifies as a different issue, that I need to pursue
separately.  should I follow up here, or is it an issue I should contact
my switch manufacturer about, or is it a windows problem?