why my client fail to authentication failure when I run radlogin

Jenny Liew liew.jenny at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 18:18:18 CET 2011

Hello,

I'm new in Radius, I have read through and follow to all the messages and
documents.
Here is my setup, I have run server and client on the same linux machine.

I able to run 'radtest' and 'radclient' command, and I did successfully
received correct response.

However, when I tried to run radlogin command, i kept getting this output on
my client side;

Radius: authentication failure

when I run radexample, I did get successful authentication with the username
and password. However, when i tried to run radacct, my client seems that
stop working until i press on "Ctrl+C".

Any idea? what is causing the problem?

Anybody can help me, please??

Many thanks.