Multiple authentication methods at the same time?

Thomas A. Fine fine at head.cfa.harvard.edu
Wed Feb 16 23:46:08 CET 2011

On 2/16/11 5:36 PM, Gary Gatten wrote:
> I don't understand the question 100%.  If you want different users to test different methods (LDAP, OTP, etc.) - that's fairly easy.  If you want a given user "Bob" to test different methods concurrently, that sounds tricky - and I'm not sure what you wish to accomplish with that...  You MAY be able to do something with "Fallthrough" and "Post Auth" - but again, I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to accomplish...

Yeah, I want Bob to be able to do both.  So if Bob is game to be a test
subject during transition, I don't want to penalize him by locking him
out if he or we screw up the OTP configuration.

If I wanted an either/or for each user, that just happens right?  if otp
is listed first, it will only be selected if the user exists, otherwise
it will move on to LDAP (or whatever). So I either add Bob to the OTP
database and he uses OTP, or I leave him out and he uses LDAP.  This is
not what I want, I'm just trying to make sure I understand what it's
trying to do.

      tom