non-standard authentication

Travis Dimmig tdimmig at impulse.com
Wed Feb 23 23:48:59 CET 2011

I mixed up some terms between freeRadius and JRadius (my first attempt to accomplish this used rlm_jradius).  The term 'listener' is specific to what I was trying to accomplish with JRadius.  I also neglected to mention the important fact that I need to accomplish authentication specifically for WPA2, but without using ntlm_auth etc.  I basically want the ability to say "yes" or "no" to a WPA2 user based on rules that I define, hence my looking at rlm_perl and rlm_jradius, both let me write something of my own.  However, to use either of those with WPA2, I imagine I have to follow the 4-way handshake properly, or the supplicant will bark?

I realize that this is stepping a bit outside the realm of just freeRadius, but if anyone has information it would be extremely helpful.

-Travis