Error: ASSERT FAILED modcall.c[106]: (p->type > MOD_SINGLE) && (p->type <= MOD_POLICY)

adx grave adxgrave at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 05:24:54 CET 2011

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 5:27 PM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com>wrote:

> adx grave wrote:
> > I got this after server HUP and it just die. The same error appeared
> > after i manually restart the server but it continue to work just fine.
> > A bug? Or maybe something wrong with my config? Any hint to where should
> > i look?
>
>   See doc/bugs
>
>  Alan DeKok.
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

I've tried to reproduce the crash several times but failed. Although the
error is still there, the server run perfectly fine until exactly one week
from the first crash (HUP signal). It seem that the server receive a HUP
signal every week at the same time at 6:25 am and this morning it happened
again. At the same time the radius log get rotated. I'll try to follow the
instruction in doc/bugs later but is there any configuration option that
instruct the server to HUP once a week? The most likely place I can think of
is logrotate which give /etc/init.d/freeradius reload > /dev/null every
week.

Thanks.