RADIUS, EAP and FreeRADIUS presentation in French

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Jan 8 09:52:28 CET 2011

Aurélien Geron wrote:
> I wrote a presentation of RADIUS, EAP and FreeRADIUS, in French, for my
> colleagues.  The presentation is quite detailed, and I thought it might
> be a good introduction for anyone interested in RADIUS, EAP and FreeRADIUS.

  It's very good.

> I used Keynotes on Mac and I exported the result to HTML (unfortunately,
> it actually produces a bunch of roughly 170kB JPEG images, I don't know
> if there is a better export solution to HTML).  Here's the result:
> http://aureliengeron.free.fr/livrewifi/freeradius.html

  Better conversions should be possible.  My main complaint right now is
that there's no navigation.  Everything is all on one URL, with no way
to move back, or to pick a specific slide.

> I have two questions:
>
>     * is anyone interested in helping me translate it to English? I
>       could try to translate about 10 slides per week in my spare time,
>       but given that there are 215 slides... it will take months !

  Yes, I think it's very useful.

>     * is there any better place you would recommend my publishing it? I
>       would be happy to make it open source, should anyone else want to
>       fix errors or contribute more information (I covered writing
>       simple python modules, but not C modules, for example).

  We can host it on freeradius.org, if you want.  If there's a good HTML
conversion, that would help, too.

> Note: some of the diagrams are extracted from a WiFi book I wrote a few
> years back, and my publisher authorized me to publish some extracts on
> my website, but I will probably need his authorization before I can make
> those diagrams open source (I don't think he'll mind at all, though).

  OK.