preprocess module

McCann, Brian bmccann at andmore.com
Mon Jan 10 22:45:26 CET 2011

Hi all.  Trying to understand and learn freeradius.  For my use, I do not need the "huntgroups" or "hints" files, so I tried taking them out.  I renamed the files from "huntgroups" to "huntgroups.off", and the same for hints.  I then edited "module/preprocess" to take out references to these two files.  However, when I start up radiusd, it appears that it's STILL looking for the files.  I've gone so far as doing a "grep -ir huntgroup *", and every line it comes back with is commented out.  Here's the debug and my modules/preprocess file:

--debug start--

server { # from file /usr/local/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf
 modules {
 Module: Checking authenticate {...} for more modules to load
 Module: Checking authorize {...} for more modules to load
 Module: Linked to module rlm_preprocess
 Module: Instantiating module "preprocess" from file /usr/local/etc/raddb/modules/preprocess
  preprocess {
        huntgroups = "/usr/local/etc/raddb/huntgroups"
        hints = "/usr/local/etc/raddb/hints"
        with_ascend_hack = no
        ascend_channels_per_line = 23
        with_ntdomain_hack = no
        with_specialix_jetstream_hack = no
        with_cisco_vsa_hack = no
        with_alvarion_vsa_hack = no
  }
rlm_preprocess: Error reading /usr/local/etc/raddb/huntgroups
/usr/local/etc/raddb/modules/preprocess[13]: Instantiation failed for module "preprocess"
/usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[9]: Failed to load module "preprocess".
/usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[1]: Errors parsing authorize section.

--debug end--

--preprocess start--

preprocess {
   with_ascend_hack = no
   ascend_channels_per_line = 23
   with_ntdomain_hack = no
   with_specialix_jetstream_hack = no
   with_cisco_vsa_hack = no
}

--preprocess end--

Anyone have any ideas on where it's getting this configuration from???

Thanks!
--Brian