force_check_config - how to use?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Jan 20 11:21:20 CET 2011

  Don't CC me on messages to the list.  I *do* read the list, and
getting multiple messages means I'm more likely to delete them all.

  And start your own thread, it makes tracking questions and answers
much easier.

karnik jain wrote:
> I am having one question regarding UTF-8 handling of RADIUS server.
> As Per our talk you told me that whatever the module which required to use
> mulilingual characters that is required to do UTF-8 encoding decoding
> stuff..

  I don't think I said that.

> But my doubt lies here,
>
> When RADIUS server recieves request containing
> the username of multilingual characters then without decoding UTF-8,
> how can RADIUS server compare it with the stored username's password
> inside the its own file named *"/usr/local/etc/raddb/users"* ?

  The RFCs require that the User-Name (and all other printable strings)
within RADIUS are UTF-8.