Generating a Microsoft compatible CSR for FreeRADIUS

Christ Schlacta lists at aarcane.org
Fri Jan 21 01:05:53 CET 2011

2 issues
1) is there a listing somewhere of all OIDs and what they all mean to
windows (XP) ?

2) Issuing client certs isn't that difficult.  with windows vista/7,
installing a cert is a simple double-click operation, so if they have a usb
flash, you can use linux to zip a copy of their private key and a .doc with
instructions (including screenies!) on configuring their OS in a matter of
seconds, all they have to do is stop by IT to request a key once, and it's
good for as long as you honour it.