freeradius 2.1.10 & postgresql & custom attributes

slash13 alexander.filitz at uzh.ch
Fri Jan 21 12:58:58 CET 2011

Okay so I disabled the sql feature completely, actually I only need sort of a
proof-of-concept to measure some packets.

my /etc/freeradius/dictionary contains now these two custom attributes:

ATTRIBUTE       Printing-Service-Name   3001    string
ATTRIBUTE       Printing-Color               3002    string

Then I start the daemon with freeradius -X, after that I start the client
with
"Acct-Status-Type=Start, Acct-Session-Id=1a2b3c4d,
Printing-Service-Name=HPABC123, Printing-Color=Black" | radclient 127.0.0.1
acct testing123

In the log file /var/log/freeradius/radacct/127.0.0.1/detail-20110121 only
these values are logged:

Fri Jan 21 12:45:26 2011
        Acct-Status-Type = Start
        Acct-Session-Id = "1a2b3c4d"
        NAS-IP-Address = 127.0.0.1
        Acct-Unique-Session-Id = "58bb7f5724ba6fa8"
        Timestamp = 1295610326
        Request-Authenticator = Verified

I tried to send attributes that were not defined in the dictionary and also
got an accounting response of the server, is this normal behaviour or do i
miss something?

regards,
Alex