Generating a Microsoft compatible CSR for FreeRADIUS

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Jan 21 15:33:49 CET 2011

On 21/01/11 14:10, Sallee, Stephen (Jake) wrote:
> Has anyone gotten windows clients to work WITHOUT having to do any
> manual config on the clients?

Windows XP with PEAP/MS-CHAPv2 always require some manual config;
specifically you need to select PEAP, de-select "automatically use my
windows logon name" and (if using a cert from a non-installed CA)
install the CA cert.

Windows 7 (and I think Vista) default to PEAP/MS-CHAPv2 so you can just
click on the SSID and type your username/password, then "accept" the CA
cert.

Sadly this wasn't backported into windows XP SP3 IIRC.