SQL issue

David Peterson davidp at wirelessconnections.net
Tue Jan 25 17:59:04 CET 2011

I am having a strange issue with the latest upgrade to the "Stable" version.
It appears as though Freeradius is using a username of radius instead of the
root user I have configured in sql.conf.   Is there another area I should be
looking for user name and password configuration?  The only changes I made
were to the dictionary.wimax and re-compile to move to the newer version.

Debug:

Tue Jan 25 11:53:38 2011 : Error: rlm_sql_mysql: Couldn't connect socket to
MySQL server radius at localhost:radius

Tue Jan 25 11:53:38 2011 : Error: rlm_sql_mysql: Mysql error 'Access denied
for user 'radius'@'localhost' (using password: YES)'

David