SSH-Login libpam-radius-auth

Marius.Meisner marius.meisner at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 29 15:23:29 CET 2011

Hi Alan,

thx for your response - I've fixed it now. There where two things to do,
one pam issue and one radius issue.

For the libpam-radius-auth its necessary to add a user on the local
system, so that there is an entry for each user to authenticate by
radius over pam.
The second thing was, that then the passwords were used from the passwd
instead of the entries in database or user-file. A change in the
sites-enabled/default was needed to fix that. The order in the authorize
{...} - part must be changed from

unix
file
sql

file
sql
unix

because the first match wins and gets the password out of its entries,
without looking for the other ones.

So everything works fine until the next project ;-)

Greets

MM