Exec Module FreeRADIUS Version 2.1.8

hollman.diaz hollman.diaz at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 02:50:32 CET 2011

Hi everybody

I'm trying to change the Auth-Type attribute with an external application.
I'm using FreeRADIUS Version 2.1.8 and Ubuntu 10.04

What files do I should modify?
I have tried with:

/etc/freeradius/radiusd.conf:
instantiate {
	#
	#  Allows the execution of external scripts.
	#  The entire command line (and output) must fit into 253 bytes.
	#
	#  e.g. Framed-Pool = `%{exec:/bin/echo foo}`
	exec ven{
		wait = yes
                program = "/etc/disconnect/php return.php
%{Calling-Station-Id}"
		input_pairs = request
                output_pairs = reply
                shell_escape = yes
	}

/etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/default
post-auth {
	exec ven{
		wait = yes
                program = "/etc/disconnect/php return.php
%{Calling-Station-Id}"
		input_pairs = request
                output_pairs = reply
                shell_escape = yes
	}

/etc/freeradius/modules/exec
#  See also "echo" for more sample configuration.
#
exec ven{
		wait = yes
                program = "/etc/disconnect/php return.php
%{Calling-Station-Id}"
		input_pairs = request
                output_pairs = reply
                shell_escape = yes
	}

And /etc/freeradius/users:
DEFAULT        Auth-Type := '%{exec:/etc/disconnect/php return.php
%{Calling-Station-Id}}'
                      Fall-Through = No

External application is /etc/disconnect/return.php and it returns Accept or
Reject values.

I have read several forums but I do not understand the procedure. I would
appreciate a step by step procedure :)

Running freeradius -X, I get (with no modifications in
/etc/freeradius/users):
 Module: Checking session {...} for more modules to load
 Module: Checking post-proxy {...} for more modules to load
 Module: Checking post-auth {...} for more modules to load
/etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/default[464]: Failed to find module "exec".
/etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/default[435]: Errors parsing post-auth
section.

Line 464 is
	exec ven{

and line 435 is