Macbook Freeradius connection issue

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Jul 6 14:31:01 CEST 2011

Hi,

> Ok. I need to configure the Mac client or install a 802.1x tool.
> No other way ... hmm ... ok.

umm, the client is set to try all the EAP methods under the sun - starting
off with FAST , then LEAP, then PEAP etc.... well, theres nothing a
server can do to change that - its totally client related - now, if your
AP/NAS has some other thing like EAP fail limit etc then those initial
requests and NAKs stack up - it might not even be getting the chance to do
what you want.

its a bit like saying "my client is set to a static IP address, how do you
configure the DHCP server to fix that?"  ;-)

alan