"use_tunnel_reply" not working in EAP-PEAP (Proxied as plain MSCHAPv2) in eap.conf

Nitin Bhardwaj nbhardwaj at merunetworks.com
Fri Jul 8 12:20:11 CEST 2011

On 01:29 AM, Nitin Bhardwaj wrote:
> On 01:29 AM, Phil Mayers wrote:
>> The (untested) patch below might help on 2.1.x:
>>
>> https://github.com/philmayers/freeradius-server/commit/3c1ed71cde100268dba57cbd87953af2bfda6d87
>>

>> ...or for 3.x:
>>
>> https://github.com/philmayers/freeradius-server/commit/6877b70f442536c93ed097f3c9f6d17d9c960b19
>>

> Thanks for the patches, I'll give them a shot and report back.

Phil, the patch (2.x) is working like a charm :). (also confirmed that
there is no mem-leak, by inserting a RDEBUG in free_data()).

However, one doubt: Shouldn't this code be conditional based on whether
"use_tunneled_reply" is yes/no. Presently the outer PEAP
does take care of it, is this taken care of in this callback
(mschap_postproxy) ?

--
Nitin