Yet another multiple SSID setup question

Alexander Clouter alex at digriz.org.uk
Tue Jul 12 08:17:25 CEST 2011

Nick Kartsioukas <lists.freeradius at change.nightwind.net> wrote:

> Okay...let's say I have an SSID for students and an SSID for staff.
> Students authenticate against LDAP, which stores passwords as salted
> SHA1 hashes.  Staff authenticate against Windows ActiveDirectory.
> I've found where the WLC sends the SSID to FreeRADIUS, so I can get at
> that.  My question is, how do I set up the EAP-TTLS/PAP session for the
> Student SSID and the separate PEAP/MSCHAPv2 session for the Staff SSID?
> Are these configured as different virtual servers?  Or just different
> modules that I call from the users file like so:
> DEFAULT Auth-Type := student_module, Called-Station-SSID := "student"
> DEFAULT Auth-Type := staff_module, Called-Station-SSID := "staff"

Just duplicate what you see in eap.conf to look something like:
----
eap EAP_student {
        # set this to peap for staff
        default_eap_type = ttls
        timer_expire     = 60
        ignore_unknown_eap_types = no
        max_sessions = 4096

        tls {
                certdir = ${confdir}/certs
                cadir = ${confdir}/certs

                private_key_password = ${local.cert.password}
                private_key_file = ${certdir}/server.key
                certificate_file = ${certdir}/server.pem

                dh_file = ${certdir}/dh
                random_file = /dev/urandom

                cipher_list = "AES:HIGH:!aNULL:!eNULL:@STRENGTH"
        }

        ttls {
                default_eap_type = md5
                copy_request_to_tunnel = no
                use_tunneled_reply = yes
                virtual_server = "auth"
        }

        # comment 'ttls' and uncomment following for staff
        #peap {
        #        default_eap_type = mschapv2
        #        copy_request_to_tunnel = no
        #        use_tunneled_reply = yes
        #        virtual_server = "auth"
        #}
        #
        #mschapv2 {
        #        send_error = yes
        #}
}

eap EAP_staff {
----

----
authorize {

  if (Airespace-Wlan-Id == "student_ssid") {
    EAP_student
  }
  else {
    EAP_staff

----

Cheers

--
Alexander Clouter
.sigmonster says: Remember to say hello to your bank teller.