vlan ldap radiusd

Serge van Namen svnamen at snow.nl
Fri Jul 15 16:19:35 CEST 2011

Op 15 jul 2011, om 14:34 heeft Alexander Clouter het volgende geschreven:

> Serge van Namen <svnamen at snow.nl> wrote:
>>
>>> 'un-registered' (user bootstrapped) workstations go into VLAN
>>> 'users-unmanaged' whilst our equipment goes into 'users-staff'.
>>> Hope that makes sense...? :)
>>
>> Do you mean: unauthorized, user be put in default (jailed) vlan?
>>
> I work for a university so we have a lot of equipment that we do not
> maintain but is owned by the students/staff that needs to connect.  So,
> we have three main workstation VLANs:
> * unauthorised
> * users-unmanaged
> * users-staff
>
> Unknown MAC addresses go into 'unauthorised' which is a sandpit network
> which does nothing more than redirect the web browser to our
> 'unauthorised workstation' webpage[1].  There they are permitted to get
> to a few websites (microsoft.com, etc) and to the instructions/tools
> they need to configure their computer for 802.1X.
>
> When they are 802.1Xing, they get put into 'users-unmanaged' which gives
> them all the access they could want, and that I am willing to give them.
> One day, when I find the time, I will have a 'pre-registration' VLAN (or
> more likely dual-purpose 'unauthorised') for unrecognised MAC addresses
> that have gotten past 'unauthorised' by doing 802.1X with some user
> credentials.
>
> 'users-staff' is currently MAC-auth workstations that we maintain, the
> helpdesk would not love me if I forced them to configure each
> workstation for 802.1X (we are condemned with Novell and not AD...but
> apparently not for much longer).  :)
>
> One day, to get into 'users-staff', you will need to do EAP-TLS, but for
> now it is just MAC-auth.
>
> There is no different level of access betwork 'users-staff' and
> 'users-unmanaged' here, we just wanted to keep equipment that we
> maintain and equipment we do not in different subnets.  Mainly to keep
> the subnet's small :)

Clean solution. :)

I accomplished to strip the username, it authenticates successfully against LDAP.
But eventually it fails on EAP I think, because the username isn't the original from the request.

  rlm_realm: Looking up realm "Y" for User-Name = "userA at Y"
    rlm_realm: Found realm "Y"
    rlm_realm: Adding Stripped-User-Name = "userA"
    rlm_realm: Proxying request from user userA to realm Y
    rlm_realm: Adding Realm = "Y"
    rlm_realm: Authentication realm is LOCAL.
  modcall[authorize]: module "suffix" returns noop for request 3
    users: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 7
  modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns ok for request 3
rlm_pap: WARNING! No "known good" password found for the user.  Authentication may fail because of this.
  modcall[authorize]: module "pap" returns noop for request 3
modcall: leaving group authorize (returns updated) for request 3
  Found Autz-Type LdapY
  Processing the authorize section of radiusd.conf
modcall: entering group LdapYfor request 3
rlm_ldap: - authorize
rlm_ldap: performing user authorization for userA
radius_xlat:  '(uid=userA)'
radius_xlat:  'ou=y,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com'
rlm_ldap: ldap_get_conn: Checking Id: 0
rlm_ldap: ldap_get_conn: Got Id: 0
rlm_ldap: performing search in ou=y,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com, with filter (uid=userA)
rlm_ldap: Added password {SSHA}XXXXXXXXXXXXX in check items
rlm_ldap: looking for check items in directory...
rlm_ldap: Adding userPassword as User-Password == "{SSHA}XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
rlm_ldap: looking for reply items in directory...
rlm_ldap: user userA authorized to use remote access
rlm_ldap: ldap_release_conn: Release Id: 0
  modcall[authorize]: module "Y" returns ok for request 3
modcall: leaving group LdapY (returns ok) for request 3
  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type EAP
auth: type "EAP"
  Processing the authenticate section of radiusd.conf
modcall: entering group authenticate for request 3
rlm_eap: Identity does not match User-Name, setting from EAP Identity.
  rlm_eap: Failed in handler
  modcall[authenticate]: module "eap" returns invalid for request 3
modcall: leaving group authenticate (returns invalid) for request 3
auth: Failed to validate the user.
Login incorrect: [userA] (from client radius port 16797697 cli 0017-f3f2-4572)
Delaying request 3 for 1 seconds
Finished request 3
Going to the next request
--- Walking the entire request list ---
Waking up in 1 seconds...
--- Walking the entire request list ---
Waking up in 1 seconds...
--- Walking the entire request list ---
Sending Access-Reject of id 22 to 1.2.3.4 port 1024
Waking up in 4 seconds...
--- Walking the entire request list ---
Cleaning up request 3 ID 22 with timestamp 4e203537
Nothing to do.  Sleeping until we see a request.

Do I need to add the Suffix again to the reply?

Yours,

Serge