"radiusd -X" read my sql database but not "freeradius -X"

schnoocats schnoocats at laposte.net
Mon Jul 18 11:37:11 CEST 2011

Hello everybody,
as part of my studies I try to set up a radius server with a mysql database.
I have a wifi access point defined as a client (172.16.140.87) in a NAS
table inside my radius database.

Everything works perfectly when i test with the tool "radiusd -X" !
But when i use the tool "freeradius -X" it does not connect to the database,
so it will not read the client and therefore I 'have a great "Ignoring
request to authentication address * port 1812 from 172.16.140.87 port 59129
unknown customer." when i test.

What the differences between this 2 tools ?
What can i do for solve my problem because by default the daemon is
freeradius and it ignores my requests...

Greetings