Please help me ASAP

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Mon Jul 25 14:29:27 CEST 2011

On 07/24/2011 09:29 AM, Its Me wrote:
> Hi,
> I am new user in Linux,I have install freeradius2 rpm in my Linux
> machine(RHEL-5.5 Server),I m facing problem below detail ,please help me
> how can i install and setup my radiusd -X output below problem.
>
> radiusd: #### Opening IP addresses and Ports ####
> listen {
> type = "auth"
> ipaddr = *
> port = 0
> Failed binding to authentication address * port 1812: Address already in use
> /etc/raddb/radiusd.conf[240]: Error binding to port for 0.0.0.0 port 1812

You probably have another copy of the server running, you can only have
one copy running at a time. Did you start one as a service? If so:

sudo service radiusd stop

Need help on how to manage FreeRADIUS on Redhat systems?

http://wiki.freeradius.org/Red_Hat_FAQ

P.S.: It's not polite to demand help ASAP on a free volunteer mailing list.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/