MySQL - One RADIUS database per realm

Dave Thompson davexunit at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 17:37:40 CEST 2011

At my place of employment we have a web frontend to our radius server. This
frontend will be used by several different clients. We want to store each
client's usernames/passwords and MAC addresses in their own database. The
database name will be the client's realm name.
The reason we want this database separation is to hide users and MAC
addresses that don't belong to a client from the web frontend. For obvious
reasons, the client should only be able to see and modify the authentication
details that belong to them.
I haven't been able to find much documentation on the subject, leading me to
believe that either A) This is not a smart idea and not recommended or B)
Stuff like this isn't done often and therefore there isn't much
documentation.
So, my question is this: Is there a better way for me to achieve the desired
results of client separation(modify the frontend and use one database
probably)? Or, if this is possible, any instructions would be greatly
appreciated.
Thank you.

--
- Dave